Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Straight Dub Mix


Howdy Folks!

There's a fun scan of the mess of notes and scribbles I've taken to arrive at some of my initial ideas.

Now, just to sum up where we are at the moment for future and present reference. Just ski[ this part if you don't mind.. :P It's more for my memory. We are trying to come up with an identity for our group which reflects our personality through a strong concept. As a group of "innovative designers wanting to get themselves out into the world" our name should be STRONG and CREATIVE and PROFESSIONAL as it will be used while working on real client based jobs.
In class (8/3/10 Wk 2) we started to brainstorm "verbs" because we HAAAVE to use them *eye roll* We looked at examples of logos Jesse found which used negative space, as well as other effective, witty logos. We decided we wanted our logo to be clever and in an illustratory direction. Using an online verb generator, words which we came up which we considered included:
  • heckle
  • bebop
  • devour
  • meep
  • lilt
  • flit
  • clink
  • cavort
  • humdrum!
From here on in, we spent the next few days individually coming up with ideas. This is just a quick (maybe not that quick... I write long blogs sorry I'll try to contain myself next time) blog to fill you in on my thoughts.

10/3/2010
Sent out an email with a list of words and ideas for company names. Here they are for your viewing pleaaaaasure.

Direct Detour (i feel representative of how we tend to work in design)siren call

Three Ink.

Free Ink. (that’s jst because I can’t say the TH sound… lol)

solid proof

Sketchy

catching my drift

Paint it black

Parting Words

Jumping Rooftops

Ironic Kick

Ironic Twist

Paper Space

Parting Composition

Part Design Part Style


Random words

ticking

heckle

Illuminate

Reverse

stump

Step Back

Caught Up

Blend

Humdrum

Beebop

Meep

Clink


We decided random words were not getting us anywhere and we needed to come up with some design concepts with our design group names (as Jesse demonstrated in the first blog)


Looked at the name Urban Barcode and that was really interesting to see barcode logo designs and how flexible they could be! Amazing stuff!


Other than that more names I came up with include:


- new tradition

- custom new

- halfcrop

- an afterthought

- pointblank

- veer left

- corner frame

- urban barcode


This blog's formatting has gone all wack so I'll upload my tonight's work on the next one. I dunno why it's so stuffy :(


Ciao for Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment